We are looking for a content writer and social media superstar to join our small, but feisty marketing team in our Port Alfred office.
You’ll be our wordsmith, creating content that will capture the hearts and minds of hoteliers, from blogs and content offers, to emails, website copy, press releases and social media posts. You’ll also be building up and maintaining our social communities and spreading the love that our clients have for us, showing the world what makes GuestRevu the award-winning software that it is.
Being able to multitask is a must, as is marketing experience, while having a background in hospitality or software is a plus, and having a great personality and enthusiastic outlook is essential.
What We Do
At GuestRevu, we're all about helping hospitality professionals to collect, manage, and analyse valuable feedback from their guests and visitors. We do this through direct guest surveys, collecting reviews from online sources, and providing high-level reporting tools.
As a marketing team, we help hoteliers, restaurateurs, tour operators and more to understand what it is that makes guest feedback so important, how to improve their online reputations and put their feedback to good use, and how a tool like GuestRevu can help them to listen to, learn from, and earn from their guests.
How do we do this? Through content of course! We write regular blogs, quarterly content offers, case studies of clients who have seen great success and so much more — and that’s without even looking at our email marketing, and engaging with our social communities.
Why? Because we believe in an inbound marketing methodology, in helping potential clients to help themselves! We take hoteliers on a journey from realising that they have a problem, to realising that companies like us can help them solve it, to understanding that we are the company that they trust and want to use.
Why Work For Us
At GuestRevu, we like to think of ourselves as more of a family than just a team. We work together, laugh together, share stories and experiences, and grow together. While our head office is based in Port Alfred, with a wonderful view over the small boat harbour, we operate globally, with both clients and staff situated around the world.
As part of a small and close-knit marketing team, you'll have the opportunity to stretch your creative muscles in a range of areas. While writing and social media will be your fortes, you’ll have the opportunity, if you want it, to try your hand on occasion at graphic design, website management, video editing, advertising and more.
Managing editorial calendar
Creating editorial content on a bi-weekly, monthly and/or quarterly basis, including:
- Blog posts
- Content offers (ebooks, infographics, checklists and guides)
- Case studies
- Pillar pages (well researched long form content on particular subjects)
Writing captivating emails, which will include:
- Bi-weekly blog updates
- Monthly client updates
- Quarterly newsletters
- Onboarding workflows
Maintaining content and improving SEO through:
- Regularly updating blog posts and pillar pages with relevant backlinks
- Monitoring and adjusting campaign and topics tools
- Regular content syndication across a variety of platforms
- Backlink building
Conducting research into hospitality, marketing and website optimisation trends
What our ideal candidate will have and be
- Prior experience in a marketing role
- Portfolio or examples of previous written work
- Education in a related field (Bachelor of Arts or diploma in marketing preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken English, and impeccable grammar (grammar police welcome)
- High level of computer literacy (you will need to quickly familiarise yourself with our CMS, task management application and Google Drive layout)
- Experience on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Basic familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Basic familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Graphic design education/experience
- Video editing education/experience
- Hospitality industry education/experience
- Previous experience in software or SaaS company
- Previous experience in agency environment
Beneficial soft skills:
- Good memory
- Agile, comfortable with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills and task management
- Great people skills, a friendly personality, and a willingness to learn
Submit your CV together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the content marketing specialist position.