We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Web Developer responsible for developing new features and functionality as well as maintaining the existing application. Our Ideal candidate must be able to work well within a team reporting to the development manager, self-motivated, ambitious and have a burning desire to build a world class application.
What We Do
At GuestRevu, we're all about helping accommodation providers to get great feedback from their guests, and manage their online reputation. We do this through direct guest surveys, collecting reviews from online sources, and high-level analytical reporting, and set ourselves apart with our excellent team providing support, sales and constant improvements through development.
Why Work For Us
We know how important every team is in the hospitality industry, and we appreciate exceptional talent when we see it. That's why we're always on the lookout for the next exceptionally talented developer to work together with our international team.
We believe in a culture of growth and sharing of knowledge, which is why we focus on constantly up skilling our developers, and have several Udemy courses available for our developers who want to learn something new and add courses from time to time based on developer requirements.
As a company with employees based worldwide, we are familiar with the ins and outs of remote work, and are happy for our developers to work remotely, or be based within our Port Elizabeth office.
Our Engineering Processes
We have an agile approach, and currently use a Kanban with releases happening as often as we can manage them. We are leaning towards transitioning to a scrum format of 2 week sprints.
Our Hiring Process
Because we're a close-knit team, it's important to us that we find developers who are the right fit. Applicants will go through two preliminary interviews with our CEO and the Development Manager, potentially followed by introductory meetings with the Product and Support Managers.
Finally we schedule a one and a half hour assessment over skype and give you various small coding tasks to attempt and watch and interact on how you go about it.
- Implementation of new and the maintenance of the current set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes and documentation into visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge of our technology stack (see OfferZen profile)
- AngularJS, PHP, Propel, SQL, and AWS
- Extensive and proven experience with an object-orientated programming language.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimising output to match the specific platform
- Create clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools: GitHub
- A relevant degree would be advantageous, however, is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
Submit your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com to apply for the PHP Developer position.